Born and raised in Saanich, I returned in 2008 and recently purchased a home in the Quadra Cedar Hill neighbourhood. Having lived several years in Vancouver where I followed my dreams as a musician, I have a renewed appreciation for our culture and community. By operating my own construction company for seven years, and now as an Account Manager for FloForm Countertops, I have had the opportunity to work with our diverse business sectors and support Saanich in its growth.
This work has connected me with many residents in Saanich and Greater Victoria. Listening to residents personal and professional ideas for Saanich encouraged me to become a more active community member, volunteering much of my time with groups and programs across the region. Some of these include:
- Chair of the Saanich Community Association Network (SCAN)
- Co-founder/manager of the Saanich Sunday Farmers’ Market
- Former Vice President of the Quadra Cedar Hill Community Association
- Former Member of the Vancouver Island
- Regional Correctional Centre Community Advisory Board
- Volunteer at the Music in the Park series in Saanich, Playfair Park Picnics, Cadboro Beach Clean Up, Moss Street Market, and the Picnic in the Park
I am running for Saanich Council to bring a genuine, balanced voiceto address the concerns of those residents who may not have a voice – the young families who cannot afford to purchase their own homes in Saanich; pensioners on fixed incomes who cannot keep up with the increased cost of living; businesses who seek cost and time efficiencies to create sustainable growth; and residents who seek to protect our natural environment while providing the amenities needed to build a community that can be enjoyed by all.
At this mid-point in my life, I feel I can understand and represent the youth, families, working and retired residents of Saanich. I am genuinely committed to collaborating with the new Council and Saanich staff in creating a healthier culture and community.
I hope to have your support so we can work together to strengthen our community.