I was born and raised in Saanich and I’m excited to say, I just recently purchased my very first home right here in Saanich.
I lived several years in Vancouver, following my dream as a musician, and returned to the island in 2008. I settled once again in Saanich and focused my attention on running my own construction company for 7 years. I currently work for FloForm Countertops as their Account Manager.
Owning my own company provided me the opportunity to meet many residents in the community and learn about their municipal concerns and visions for Saanich. Consequently, I became very interested in how the region was politically structured and managed. I have become very active within my community, volunteering in many community groups and programs and at various events.
Some of my community involvements include:
• Vice President of the Quadra Cedar Hill Community Association
• Co-founder/operator of the Saanich Sunday Farmers’ Market
• Treasurer of the Saanich Community Association Network
• Member of the Vancouver Island Regional Correctional Centre Community Advisory Board
• Volunteer at the Music in the Park series in Saanich
• Volunteer at the Playfair Park Picnics
• Volunteer at Picnic in the Park
• Volunteer at the Cadboro Beach Clean Up
• Volunteer at the Moss Street Market
I’m running for Saanich Council so I can bring a needed perspective to address the concerns of those residents who don’t normally have a voice at the table – the young families who can’t afford to purchase their own homes in Saanich; pensioners on fixed incomes who cannot keep up with the increased property taxes; homebuilders and businesses who need Saanich to work more efficiently so we can create sustainable growth , protect the environment and provide the amenities needed to build a community that can be enjoyed by all.
I hope to have your support so we can work together and make Saanich even better!